Monday, August 02, 2010

My Momma





Wedding_BreeKrisMonika
Do you ever have those days when you just want your Mom?  I do, and today was one of them.  It was one of those days that just starts out bad, you know the days you just want to go back to bed?  I feel lucky that I get to come home to such an amazing man, but sometimes a girl just needs her Momma.  I was pretty spoiled the last few years, I worked with my Mom (and Dad) and my parents only lived about 3 miles from my house.  This last year, as I've talked about before, my parents sold the company I've worked for for the last 7 years and while it's had the normal amount of adjustment expected with new management taking over.  The hardest part, by far, is that my parents have decided to move and to go on an amazing journey on the way.  Right now they are in Kitale, Kenya until the middle of this month, teaching at a school for street kids and being house parents to a bunch of college age missionaries.  I couldn't be prouder of my parents, and my Mom especially, this is a huge change for her, one that my Dad's been trying to get her to make for the last couple years.




My Mom is the one who taught me how to cook, sew, and how to treat a husband with the respect he deserves.  She's also the one who taught me how to love myself enough to find a man who is deserving of more respect than any one could ever possibly give them.  She is an amazing woman, quite the entrepreneur and she is definitely my biggest role model, I totally want to be her when I grow up.  Of course we had our ups and downs when I was growing up, and I could be pretty horrible at times, but overall we have an amazing relationship and I didn't think their moving to Kansas was going to effect me the way it has. 
I love you Mom! Picture 037

No comments: