Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Meme

I stole this from Boogie who stole it from someone else:

Christmas Meme

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, I know it's not a very green choice, but I just like the way the presents look under the tree.
  2. Real or artificial tree? I have a big white fake tree that's wonderfully retro, I love it, Steve won't let me put it up in his apartment so it's up in the office this year and it has kind of taken over the front office.
  3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime the week after Thanksgiving.
  4. When do you take it down? Sometime after Christmas before Valentine's Day.
  5. Do you like eggnog? I like eggnog flavored things but not eggnog itself
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? My fairy wings my Mom made, but they weren't for Christmas, they were for Halloween, I'd say my Teddy Ruxben (don't know how to spell it), it was this teddy bear and you put tapes in his back and he'd tell you stories, great thing for an only child.
  7. Do you have a nativity scene? My mom has a bunch, she collects them, in fact I just got  her a new one that is rubber duckies in soap.
  8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad, the man has everything and the money to buy the stuff he wants.
  9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom, she likes the same kind of stuff as me.
  10. Worst Christmas present you ever got? An apple shaped sponge, that's it, and it was deteriorating, weird, thanks Grandma.
  11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail them, this year I got super cute ones...
  12. Favorite Christmas movie? The Nightmare Before Christmas, does taht count?
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I start seeing cool stuff.
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep.
  15. Favorite thing to eat on Christmas? Swedish Tea Rings, it's a family tradition, super good, I'll have to post a recipe.
  16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, looks more like ice to me.
  17. Favorite Christmas song?Good King Wenceslas by Loreena McKennitt
  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.
  19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen, and rudolf.  Being in choir for a million and three years has it's perks.
  20. Angel or star on top of tree? Right now it's a snowflaky star thing, but when the tree is gothed out at my house it's a Bleeding Edge Goth Doll.
  21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning. One Christmas eve and the rest in the morning.
  22. Most annoying thing this time of year?People who are all about the materialism that has come to be associated with the season, but why not focus on the beauty of Solstice.
  23. Do you decorate your tree in any theme or color?This year it's red, purple, silver and green, but usually it's black and white or purple and white.
  24. What do you leave for Santa?Cookies and milk and a carrot for Rudolf, but we haven't done that in quite a few years, just when the little ones are over at the house.

Blogged with Flock

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need you to contact me about SP11 ASAP. The person you were spoiling has not gotten anything from you.

Ambaa said...

I just heard someone on the radio talking about leaving carrots and I had never heard of that! Now I know they're for Rudolf.

Anonymous said...

Hiya, just emailed you - can you let me know if you have received your SP11 parcel from me?
Hope 2008 is good to you.

Anonymous said...

ks for your email - I am glad your parcel arrived